[ASC-list] Survey: What sort of education makes better critical thinkers?

Will Grant will.grant at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 18 23:25:42 UTC 2014

Hi all,

We’ve all heard it before - a good science education - or a good arts education - produces better critical thinkers.

But is either story actually true?

Merryn, Rod and I at CPAS want to find out.

We’re inviting you now to complete this short survey<http://www.sogosurvey.com/k/RQsRPXSWsTsPsPsP> (no more than 25 minutes) of multiple choice questions.

It doesn’t matter what your background or educational level is - we want everyone to participate. Once you’ve finished you’ll get a score and how you compare to others.

Want to make it interesting? Pass this on to your friends! Can they beat your score?

Will / Merryn / Rod

Dr Will J Grant
Graduate Studies Convener | Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science
The Australian National University | Physics Link Building, Building 38A<http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=101345436437266381338.000451f33c9ba2debfdfd&t=h&z=20> | Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
e: will.grant at anu.edu.au<mailto:will.grant at anu.edu.au> | p: +61 2 6125 0241 | f: +61 2 6125 8991
calendar<http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=willjohngrant@gmail.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney&mode=WEEK&> | twitter<http://twitter.com/willozap> | skype: WillJ99 | web<http://cpas.anu.edu.au/person/dr-will-grant>
Cricos Provider# 00120C
Up Stream<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2yFY0a0x-I> - A documentary film about the communication of complex science

This automatic notification message was sent by Alliance (https://alliance.anu.edu.au/portal) from the CPASnet site.
You can modify how you receive notifications at My Workspace > Preferences.