[ASC-list] SCOMBOMB this week

Lamberts Rod rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Tue Mar 11 23:42:05 UTC 2014

On tomorrow’s ScomBomb, we have a person many of you may have heard of (p’raps).

The one, the only, the venerable Thomas Reginald Archibald Aquinas Barnabas “Toss” Gascoigne (esq)

Cheers,

Rodneyrick and Billhelm
ScomBombasts

Here’s the spiel:

What do you call a feller who’s been around science communication since before it was invented, a chap who is not so much one of the parents of sci-comm in Australia as one of the (great) grand parents?

What do you call a gent who has worked for or with over 8 million of Australia’s top science-related organisations and can wear a tie in 40 degree heat and 100% humidity without sweating?

You call that man a Toss Gascoigne.

We call that dude our next guest on ScomBomb.

Join us as we discuss every single element of science communication, training and lobbying from 1640 to the 2014 with Toss (who is also the president of the PCST network, which is pretty neat)