[ASC-list] Looking for examples of Australian medical innovations from past decade

Bianca Nogrady bianca at biancanogrady.com
Thu Mar 20 06:12:02 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm researching major Australian medical innovations that have emerged in
the past decade, and thought I might crowd-source the question.

I'm interested in innovations that are 'cutting edge' (that much-hated
term) but are breaking through into medical practice; so I'm looking for
the phase 2/3 trial and upwards developments rather than pre-clinical/phase
1.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Bianca

*Freelance science journalist, author and broadcaster*
www.biancanogrady.com, 0411 420 913, Blackheath, NSW, Australia

*The End: The Human Experience of Death* (Random House Australia, May 2013)
www.theendbook.net, Twitter: @TheEndBook

*The Sixth Wave**: How to Succeed in a Resource-Limited World *(Random
House Australia, April 2010)
www.sixthwave.org, Twitter @SixthWaveBook