[ASC-list] The Meteorite Hunters

Emma Donnelly E.Donnelly at curtin.edu.au
Thu May 1 07:41:40 UTC 2014

Hi ASC-ers

Professor Phil Bland is one of our scientists doing some interesting planetary science stuff. A great article has just been written on him and the Desert Fireball Network.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/photos/2014/04/30/3994795.htm?xml=3994795.mediarss.xml#bigpicturepos

In addition to the research is a Citizen Science program we are running that enables people to use their smart phone to track meteor trails by using a free app we've developed. Fireballs in the Sky is supported by and Inspiring Australia Grant.

For more info on the Fireballs in the Sky project - you can check out the website: http://www.fireballsinthesky.com.au

We're keen to get as many smart phone reports as possible - so if you have a moment, please download the app!

Thanks for your support.

Emma Donnelly

Science Outreach Manager | Faculty Science and Engineering

Curtin University
Tel | +61 8 9266 1021
Fax | +61 8 9266 2021
Office | Building 314 Room 136A

Email | e.donnelly at curtin.edu.au<applewebdata://7F2B93E1-E3F9-48E4-9CA7-6BA57BE6EE67/e.donnelly@curtin.edu.au>
Web | http://science.curtin.edu.au/outreach
Postal address | GPO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia, 6845

[cid:6424F7D2-B4CC-4C16-A7B5-42F8F154556E]
Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA), 02637B (NSW)

This email, including any attached files, may contain confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.