[ASC-list] ACT: Careers and networking night - May 22

Jarrod Green jarrod.l.green at gmail.com
Wed May 7 00:58:30 UTC 2014

Careers in science communication: what are your options and how do you get
started?

 Our next ACT branch event brings science communication professionals and
students together for a careers-focussed networking night*.*

 If you are a science communication professional offering internships or
mentoring opportunities, our careers night is the perfect platform for
connecting with interested students.

The night will begin with a series of short talks highlighting different
pathways and careers in science communication. Guest speakers include:

   - Chris Cassella (Managing Director, ScienceAlert)
   - Jasmine Fellows (Editor, Double Helix Publications, CSIRO Publishing)
   - Dr Phil Dooley (Writer for Cosmos Magazine and ANU media office;
   Freelance presenter)
   - Emily Standen (BHP Billiton/CREST Awards Officer at CSIRO)
   - Amy Dobos (Science Communication and Events Officer, Institute for
   Applied Ecology, University of Canberra)

Following the talks there will be an opportunity for students and
professionals to network over food and drinks.

Interested? Register here:
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/asc-careers-networking-night-2014-tickets-11521664609

When: Thursday May 22, 5:15 pm-6:30 pm

Where: Green Couch Room, Australian National Centre for the Public
Awareness of Science (CPAS), Physics Link building 38A, ANU

Cost: Free.

--

Regards,

Jarrod Green