[ASC-list] Physics Free-for all variety night - Sydney June 19

Philip Dooley phildooley at gmail.com
Sun May 11 10:51:18 UTC 2014

Hi All

I have hijacked the June AIP meeting in Sydney and have dastardly
plans to unleash on the unsuspecting sci-curious… The Physics
Free-For-All Variety Night!!

Eight snappy Physics Acts, each of a mere eight minutes - and YOU are
invited to take part. - sign up NOW!!

Just give us eight minutes of phun, phascinating physics: a demo, a
story, a song, some stand-up or a new twist on a traditional
presentation. You know what I mean - we’re not talking frictionless
inclined planes or spherical cows in a vacuum. Maybe even no
equations?!?

Anything goes, in this format which is sweeping the UK – show off an
innovative approach to communication in front of a friendly audience.
If you’re too chicken to try it, then mark the date, and come along to
laugh, cry and cheer!

I will be your MC on the night, and I will MAKE the audience applaud,
cheer, laugh (when appropriate) and worship you; so do not be afraid.
Besides, it’s in a pub, they’ll be “favourably disposed”.