[ASC-list] SCOMBOMB at lunch time

Lamberts Rod rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Wed May 14 02:13:42 UTC 2014

Howdy folks,

We’ve been a little shell-shocked in this the big budget week. It’s meant we’re slightly tardy promoting this week’s ScomBombaroo (sorry 'bout that).

We’ll see you here tomorrow at 1:00 pm for a lunchtime treat.

Cheers,
Rodneyrick & Billhelm,
ScomBomBasts

The Spiel
As everyone knows, ScomBomb is an enormous operation employing close to 5,000 people. Nearly all of these devoted employees spend their time forcing us to find people who are t’riffic at science and science communication and talk them into chatting with us for the viewing pleasure of our legions of fan.

We interpret this edict as “find show-offs who are immensely more successful than us, who contribute to society in ways that we didn’t even know you could dream of, and pick on them for half an hour each week to make ourselves feel better”.

In line with this brief, our search for over-achieving show-offs brings us to Dr Sarah Keenihan.

Dissatisfied with merely doing 15 years of immunology research and sci-comm in more than one country, Sarah decided to have a not insignificant number of children and simultaneously create a blog called Science for Life 365. She spent a year posting a science-relevant story every day.

Every. Single. Day.

That alone is pretty damned intimidating, eh?

Join us as we ask Sarah the big questions like: How the hell…?; Didn’t you even…?;  andSeriously, what the …?

Dr RG Lamberts

Deputy Director
Australian National Centre for Public Awareness of Science (CPAS)

Office G10
Physics Link Building (#38a)
College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200

P: +61 2 6125 0747
F: +61 2 6125 8991