[ASC-list] Seeking papers on science communication that seek to address social inclusion

Jennifer Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Sat May 17 17:46:44 UTC 2014

A message from Emily Dawson in the UK: please respond direct to her as cced above:

"I'm looking (constantly anyway, but specifically for a paper at the moment) for examples of science museums, science centres or other sci com activities that have explicitly sought to address social inclusion, equity & access issues. My experience is that while a fair few of these projects do happen they're rarely written up & trying to map practice, whether examples of good or bad practice, is difficult unless you can get hold of individual project evaluations etc. While that's relatively easy to do in the UK, it doesn't lend much of an international perspective.

If you can think of any Australian examples of equity & inclusion sci com projects, whether in museums/science centres or not, I would love to know about them. Equally, if you know of other relevant projects in other countries that would also be great. Of course, no problem if nothing springs to mind!"

Jenni Metcalfe
PhD Student at University of Nottingham, Sociology Dept, UK, Feb-August, 2014
Universitas 21 exchange from the University of Queensland, Australia
Director, Econnect Communication, www.econnect.com.au<http://www.econnect.com.au/>
Mobile: UK +44 (0) 7473 109 685; or Australia +61 (0) 408 551 866
jenni at econnect.com.au<mailto:jenni at econnect.com.au>
skype: jenni.metcalfe
twitter: @JenniMet