[ASC-list] ACT: Careers & Networking Night: Thursday May 22
jarrod.l.green at gmail.com
Mon May 19 01:12:46 UTC 2014
Our next ACT branch event is almost here. This Thursday (May 22) we will be
hosting a Careers and Networking Night at ANU.
The night will be a unique chance for aspiring science communicators to
connect with professionals in the field.
If you are a science communication professional who is offering internships
and mentoring opportunities or you simply want to share your experience
with aspiring communicators, please join us for the evening.
The night will begin with a series of short talks highlighting different
pathways and careers in science communication. Guest speakers include:
- Chris Cassella (Managing Director, ScienceAlert)
- Jasmine Fellows (Editor, Double Helix Publications, CSIRO Publishing)
- Dr Phil Dooley (Writer for Cosmos Magazine and ANU media office,
- Emily Standen (BHP Billiton/CREST Awards Officer at CSIRO)
- Amy Dobos (Science Communication and Events Officer, Institute for
Applied Ecology, University of Canberra)
Following the talks there will be an opportunity to network over food and
Interested? Register here:
When: Thursday May 22, 5:15 pm-6:30 pm
Where: Green Couch Room, Australian National Centre for the Public
Awareness of Science (CPAS), Physics Link building 38A, ANU
PhD Researcher, CPAS, ANU
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list