[ASC-list] Winning hearts and minds with Chief Scientist Prof Lyn Beazley (Perth)

Miriam Sullivan miriam.sullivan at gmail.com
Tue May 20 07:24:09 UTC 2014

UWA Science Communication Seminar

Professor Lyn Beazley will be giving a seminar on

Science Communication: Winning Hearts and Minds

Date: Thursday, 22nd May
Time: 4pm
Venue: Engineering Lecture Theatre G11 - Engineering Civil & Mechanical
Building, University of Western Australia
http://www.uwa.edu.au/contact/map?id=1890

As Chief Scientist of Western Australia Lyn had the privilege of
seeing many examples of terrific science, technology and engineering
across the length and breadth of our great State. They represent major
opportunities and challenges, spanning the resources sector,
agriculture, education, IT, the environment, energy, health and more.
She will describe how they spread the message and discuss what we can
learn to be more effective science communicators.

* FREE EVENT* Drinks and nibbles after the seminar.