[ASC-list] ASC Canberra co-sponsors the Fuzzy Logic Science Show (2xxFM)

ASC Canberra asccanberra at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 09:34:01 UTC 2014

Hi ASCers,

The Canberra branch of the Australian Science Communicators officially
announced (live on air) today that it will be co-sponsoring  the Fuzzy Logic
Science Show on 2xxFM <http://www.2xxfm.org.au/content/fuzzy-logic>  (98.3FM
for local listeners or available to livestream worldwide via 'TuneIn App').

Fuzzy Logic is Canberra's dedicated weekly science show and its presenters
have interviewed everyone from school science students to Nobel prize
winners, as well as discussing all the latest science breakthroughs. Fuzzy
and its ancestor programs date back to the late 1970's, making it one of
Australia's longest running science shows.

The Canberra branch is extremely pleased to be partnering with and
sponsoring this great show and supporting science communication in our local
area.

As part of this partnership, the ASC will be acknowledged as a sponsor
during the show. Secondly, the Fuzzy Logic show will also focus various
episodes particularly on science communication topics, which we welcome our
members to provide ideas on. Finally, if any members are interested, the
Fuzzy Logic presenters have also said that they are more than willing to
interview our members - so if you are interested in this, please email us at
the ACT branch and we'll pass your details on.

So we welcome all of you around the country (not just Canberra ASCers) to
tune in if you can and listen to this great show every Sunday from 11.30am
to 12.30pm (AEST) but if you can't tune in live, not to worry as they
regularly upload episodes to their podcast page, which can be found here
<http://fuzzylogicon2xx.podbean.com/> . You can also like the Fuzzy Logic
Facebook page <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fuzzy-Logic/201994992233>  to
keep up to date with the latest episodes.

This sponsorship is currently a one year agreement and will be reviewed by
the branch committee each year.

Kind regards

Ian

President, Canberra branch, (on behalf of the Canberra branch committee)