[ASC-list] Adelaide ASC event Nov 12 2014: Tour of new Tonsley development

Sarah Keenihan sarahkeenihan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 22:29:22 UTC 2014

The new Tonsely development (http://www.tonsley.com/) in Adelaide's south has been hailed as reflection of "a long-term investment in the state's economic capacity, skills and innovation" and " a new model for public investment to leverage the right kind of private sector activity".

The ASC SA committee has organised a tour of the new development on Wednesday 12th Nov, 6.30pm-7.30pm.

All welcome, please book here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/guided-tour-of-tonsley-precinct-tickets-13939117275

This tour will be initially conducted by Andrew Dickson, Property Development Officer for Tonsley. Andrew has an Engineering background and has been involved more recently with overseeing large scale Solar and Wind plants in Australia. His current role in the DSD is to oversee the Tonsley Property Development and encourage new stakeholders to be a part of this exciting and innovative project.

Currently we will also be joined by Alison Roberts (Director of Mining, Engineering & Transport and Building & Construction), Greg Bassani (Senior Educational Manager for Tonsley) from TafeSA and a representative from Flinders University. They have graciously lent us their time and expertise to ensure that we can gain as much information as possible about the research, innovation, training and development currently being applied in TafeSA at Tonsley.

We are also aiming to have a light supper available at the conclusion of the tour for discussion and networking.

Sarah Keenihan
PhD | BMedSci | GradDipSciComm

Freelance science writing and editing

mobile | 0419 976 834