[ASC-list] Of course legal finally realises science does NOT understand nature completely

Glenn Conroy glenn1231946 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 04:24:02 UTC 2014

fyi
ASC colleagues
Geoscience - any comments?

Breaking news today: appeals court in Italy says six scientists did not
cause the deaths that resulted from the 2009 L'Aquila earthquake.

“We don’t want to have to be worried about the possibility of being
prosecuted if we give advice on earthquakes,” says seismologist Ian Main,
from the University of Edinburgh, UK. “That would discourage giving honest
opinion.”

http://ow.ly/E5klQ
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fow.ly%2FE5klQ&h=-AQHi3EOy&enc=AZP1tVfbK7H1AmlgKC0uSw-A7w-BKvdju0nL8GgM-UqkQAQjhZPSUjg0gc4wGO-KNfCsW1bvZdIxt031vrk-3BL24BD3cp7BuaiJMKlQcslhi3x4CzQtcGdJ-tbCl9iqWVUzOVkES2fdNlSPL8sAmOSzpcoadvFuWUn0MxXPJmPF_Q&s=1>
<http://ow.ly/E5klQ>
Seismologists Cleared of Manslaughter for Failing to Predict Quake
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fow.ly%2FE5klQ&h=uAQHNrJcO&s=1>
An appeals court in Italy says six scientists did not cause deaths that
resulted from the 2009 L'Aquila earthquake
SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM|BY ALISON ABBOTT,NICOLA NOSENGO,NATURE MAGAZINE

Glenn Conroy
0420529636