[ASC-list] 'Science in the Pub' discussion on citizen science - Brisbane 4th December

Vicki Martin Vicki.Martin at scu.edu.au
Wed Nov 26 20:43:57 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

The Australian Marine Sciences Association (Qld branch) have asked me to forward this invitation to you. Please contact Beth directly if you have any questions. I'll be talking about my PhD research in marine science communication and the potential for marine citizen science to engage Australians in science. Hope to see some of you there!

You are invited to come along to the next AMSA Science in the Pub discussion:

'Citizen Science in a Marine Context: How to Realise the Benefits'

Come and join the conversation over drinks and nibbles, and find out what citizen science can do for you!

6 :00pm, Thursday 4th December 2014 at
'SHIP INN', upstairs function room, Southbank

Bob Speirs (University of Queensland) will moderate the discussion with our panel of experts:

* Simon Baltais - Wildlife preservation Society of QLD, Seagrass-Watch
* Vicki Martin - Southern Cross University, citizen science researcher
* Dr Chris Roelfsema - University of Queensland
* Jock Mackenzie - James Cook University, MangroveWatch

Free nibbles and drinks! RSVP by 28th November
to Beth Toki: beth.toki at bmtwbm.com.au

Vicki Martin
PhD Candidate
School of Environment, Science and Engineering
Southern Cross University
PO Box 157
Lismore NSW 2480
Australia