[ASC-list] [ACT] Volunteer/intern positions at the national physics and optics congress

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Fri Nov 28 06:17:46 UTC 2014

Dear ASCers,

We're running the media room at the upcoming Australian Institute of Physics Congress (incorporating the Australian Optical Society) in Canberra from 7 to 11 December (http://www.aip2014.org.au/ )

We're offering two volunteer/intern positions in the media room, to chase down speakers for media interviews, feed the twitter conversation and generally help us get stories out into the media. One of the two will also assist me in my Canberra meetings (documenting my wild promises).

It would be good experience and there may be opportunities to attend some sessions and do a bit of writing.

If you'd like to help out please send me an email with a bit about yourself, why you'd like to volunteer and when you are available. The media room will be open Monday 8 to Thursday 11 December.

Kind regards,

Niall

________

Niall Byrne