[ASC-list] It's not warming, it's dying

Sarah Keenihan sarahkeenihan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 05:03:00 UTC 2014

Seen this attempted re-branding of our changing planet?
From designer Milton Glaser (who also designed the 'I heart NY' logo):
"The campaign was my idea in response to the benign quality that the words 'global warming' have earned," he explained.
"The repetition of that phrase had produced confusion and inertia and people have developed immunity to the term. The word 'warming' is too comforting. That's why you must add 'dying', which is frightening to the reader."
http://itsnotwarming.com/

Sarah Keenihan
PhD | BMedSci | GradDipSciComm

Freelance science writing and editing