[ASC-list] Writing Clear Science Workshops (Melbourne & Sydney)

Marina Hurley info at writingclearscience.com.au
Tue Sep 2 02:16:09 UTC 2014

Writing Clear Science Workshops (Melbourne & Sydney)

We teach how to write clearly and succinctly, without sacrificing
scientific accuracy. We show you how to get your thoughts down clearly and
how to increase your writing efficiency. We teach how to write and design
documents according to audience (e.g. industry, peer review), purpose (e.g.
monitoring report, journal article) and the type of research or project
problem that needs to be solved.

*Current workshops open for bookings (single or group)*

 Melbourne CBD:           (Wed. 24th Sept. – Thurs. 25th Sept.)           BOOK
ONLINE <http://www.trybooking.com/62621>
Sydney CBD:               (Thurs. 13th Nov.  – Fri. 14th Nov.)
BOOK ONLINE <http://www.trybooking.com/90138>

*Day 1: Writing clearly & succinctly*
-    Tackling common and unique writing problems.
-    Writing to improve your thinking
-    Improving writing productivity
-    Effective sentence structure
-    Writing clearly, accurately & efficiently

*Day 2: Writing reports & papers**
-    Effective paragraph and document structure.
-    Linking ideas and topics through your document
-    Clarifying your topic and project problem.
-    Document design according to audience & purpose.
    (* Day 1 enrolment required).

*In-House Writing Workshops*
-    Writing Clear Science also offers In-House Writing Workshops that can
be held in your department, institution or facility. We can offer a 1-3 day
workshop that is tailored to your needs. Rates are charged per enrolment.

For further information, including course details, please refer to our
website www.writingclearscience.com.au or contact Dr Marina Hurley:
0416-097-979; info at writingclearscience.com.au

--
Dr Marina Hurley