[ASC-list] Econnect seeks a Senior Science Writer - short-term, casual position

Sarah Cole sarah at econnect.com.au
Fri Sep 5 06:00:15 UTC 2014

Dear ASCers

Econnect Communication is seeking a Senior Science Writer for our Brisbane office. This is a casual position (until mid-December 2014) with an immediate start.

The job
Do you love the challenge of shaping a story from complex scientific information and a diversity of people? Do you love digging for that special anecdote that brings a story alive? Do you want your stories to make a difference to people's lives? Then a short-term contract with Econnect Communication may be just the thing you're looking for.

We are seeking a senior science writer to join our team for a three-month period from mid-September to mid-December 2014. You will research, interview and write stories for our clients in the science, development, agricultural and environmental arenas. You will work from our office in West End, Brisbane, with our small team of committed science writers and communicators.

We work on regional, national and international projects. Our diverse projects seek to communicate science that is important to people's lives and the environment. We often work to tight deadlines and limited budgets. Sometimes it's chaotic and demanding, but we like working with each other, enjoy a laugh and are stimulated by creative ideas. At all times we strive to deliver quality services and products to our clients to help them meet their goals.

The attached PDF outlines the position's selection criteria and conditions of contract.

Apply to Jane Ilsley (by email only) by midnight, 9  September, with two pages (maximum) addressing the selection criteria, and including your contact details, the names and contact details of two recent work referees and no more than five of your published pieces of science writing in PDF format, preferably with bylines. You can also attach a CV. Short-listed applicants will be advised on 12 September and will be interviewed on the 16 September in Brisbane (in person or via Skype).

Kind regards
Sarah

Sarah Cole  Science writer & editor
Econnect Communication<http://www.econnect.com.au/>
www.econnect.com.au
e sarah at econnect.com.au<mailto:sarah at econnect.com.au>
p 07 3846 7111
PO Box 3734, South Brisbane BC QLD 4101
Kurilpa Studio, 14 Horan Street, West End QLD 4101
[twitter_16]<https://twitter.com/#!/econnectteam> [facebook_16] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Econnect-Team/157913364253434>