[ASC-list] Science on Q&A

Toss Gascoigne director at tossgascoigne.com.au
Mon Sep 15 21:21:00 UTC 2014

Catch ABC's Q&A last night?

Ian Chubb, Suzanne Cory, Brian Schmidt, Peter Doherty and Marita Cheng took questions on - science!.

And ASC's own Robyn Stuchbury asked the first question:

Science has lost funding, status and respect under Abbott's government. For the first time since 1931, we have no Minister for Science; instead we have the Minister for Industry believing his ‘passion for science’ together with his scientific ancestry is all that is required. Was it this passion that had him describe scientists as 'precious petals'?

Why do so many scientists accept these outrages with such meekness? Why aren’t science students and researchers marching on the streets?

Catch it on iView:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/

Great to see the sleeping giant awake - at last!

************
Toss Gascoigne and Associates
56 Vasey Cres
CAMPBELL ACT 2612