[ASC-list] Fwd: Seeking freelance journalists to participate in a research project

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Tue Sep 30 02:57:57 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tiana Templeman <tiana at tianatempleman.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Subject: Seeking freelance journalists to participate in a research project
To: office at asc.asn.au

Good morning

I hope this email finds you well.

I am writing to formally request the support of your organisation for my
PhD research project.

The project is titled ‘The future of freelance journalism in Australia:
What makes a freelance journalist successful in the 21st century’. It seeks
to analyse the impact of the current state of the news industry on
Australian freelance journalists, identify challenges and opportunities,
document the key attributes required for a successful career and create a
theoretical construct for one or more viable business models that will help
freelance journalists succeed in the changing media landscape.

One important component of this study involves sourcing enough Australian
freelance journalists to complete a confidential on-line survey. The survey
will take approximately 10 minutes to complete and will be conducted
anonymously using Survey Monkey. I am writing to seek your assistance to
distribute an electronic link to the survey to your members either via
email, through your social media accounts or both.

Your support for the project would be much appreciated and potentially of
great benefit to your members and the industry as a whole. Should you have
any queries please do not hesitate to contact me or my QUT supervisor Dr
Ruth Bridgstock using the contact details below.

Please note that this study has been approved by the QUT Human Research
Ethics Committee (approval number 1400000506).

Thank you for taking the time to review my request. I appreciate it and
hope you will consider it favourably.

Kind regards

Tiana

*Tiana Templeman*

*PhD Student *

t.templeman at qut.edu.au

0423 024 234

*Dr Ruth Bridgstock*

*Supervisor*

r.bridgstock at qut.edu.au

*Creative Industries Faculty*

*Queensland University of Technology*

--

Kali Madden

& ASC Conference Director 2010, 2012, 2014

office at asc.asn.au
http://www.asc.asn.au/