[ASC-list] About your membership...

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Mon Apr 20 02:40:06 UTC 2015

Dear ASCers,

Below are a few pointers for making the most of your ASC membership,
including how to know if your membership has lapsed and what to do about it.

ASCers dwell in many places.

Below is a list of the main ASC places and spaces that you may wish to be
acquainted with. All of these can be found via links on the ASC website.

1. ASC Membership community at http://community.asc.asn.au/
(also available from http://www.asc.asn.au/join/)

*If you have not received our curated member newsletter (scope) recently
then your membership has lapsed. The last edition was 31st March 2015.If
you forget to update your email address when it changes, member newsletters
and *
*membership renewal reminders will not be able to find you.*

*Member profiles (meet your peers), membership management, invoicing, your
contact details for member newsletters, local branch administration and
other useful things to make sure we can keep in touch all happens here. *

*Please login and update your details if you have not done so in some time.
If you have any trouble retrieving passwords etc then let me know and I
will check it out.*

2. ASC public website: http://asc.asn.au/

*Financial members have posting rights to the public ASC website. Promote
your course, event, research, services/business, and other sci comm things
on this prominent site.*

*The login details here are different to the membership system.
Instructions are in the admin section of the monthly newsletter or you can
contact me to find out more about using this feature.*

*Note that much of the monthly content in the member newsletter that is
also posted to the web site only exists because your membership fees help
us to support an Editor to put together this content each month. Thanks
Vic!*

3. ASC mailing lists: links available from
http://www.asc.asn.au/mailing-lists/

*We regularly get feedback that these lists are great. Subscription is free
but you must be a paid member to post to the lists. The link above will
tell you how to make sure you have activated your posting rights and more.*
4. ASC social media:

*See the links on the home page in the right hand column (or this email
signature) to find out where else ASCers are active. LinkedIn has both a
public global discussion group and a private members only group. Facebook
has a page and a group. Conference podcasts are on SoundCloud. Videos on
Vimeo and so on. *

5. Local branches: see "Branches & Events" at http://asc.asn.au/

6. ASC Member newsletter:

*Emailed direct to your inbox each month. Very high open rates. Contact us
if you wish to include something of interest to our membership in the next
newsletter.*

Contact me if you want to know more.

Cheers,

Kali