[ASC-list] An evening with Buzz Aldrin - Mission to Mars

Kylie Walker Kylie.Walker at science.org.au
Thu Aug 20 01:08:02 UTC 2015

[Award news]<https://www.science.org.au/node/474372>

Buzz Aldrin: Mission to Mars

The Australian Academy of Science is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Live on Stage Australia to bring Buzz Aldrin to the Australian stage.

Mission to Mars will take a journey with Buzz through space history and into a future beyond Earth. We will relive his incredible missions, from fighter pilot in Korea, to his pioneering flight in Gemini 12, where he made the world's first successful record-setting complex space walk EVA, and the historic Apollo 11 Moon landing where together with Neil Armstrong, Buzz became one of the first two humans to set foot on another world.

Now Buzz is on a new mission: to land humans on Mars by 2035. Hosted by Ray Martin, and using stunning images and footage from Buzz Aldrin's personal library of material, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see and learn from a legend of space exploration.<http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/promo/s8wcbw>

Purchase your ticket<http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/promo/s8wcbw> today through the Academy's dedicated secure link for a special 5% discount on fully priced adult tickets. By purchasing your ticket through this link, you are also supporting the important science education and outreach work of the Academy: we receive 5% of proceeds for all ticket sales.

More information<http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/promo/s8wcbw>

Australian Academy of Science (c) Copyright 2015. All Rights Reserved