[ASC-list] KindaThinky returns to hug CANBERRA (whooot!)

Rod Lamberts rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 26 23:22:36 UTC 2015

Howdy ASC-ers,

If you’re like us (and we’re pretty sure you are), the world is full of people more worthy than you. See the person on your right? Five years ago they quit their high-flying, big-city finance career to teach underprivileged children in sub-Saharan Africa. And that person to your left? They just donated a kidney. Anonymously. To a stranger. Who didn’t even need it.

You’ve been there. You’re at a party, and you’re talking-up how brilliantly your new SUV handled the weekend’s blizzard conditions at the snow with 5 people and all their gear in the car. Then someone next to you nods sage-like, closes their eyes, and recounts how they only ever drive their Prius to church and back on Sundays. And they only use it then because they drive other people to church, too.

How can us mere mortals compete with that? The secret is, just don’t.

See, if you become more worthy, then they wont look as good, and that wouldn’t be fair to them. The worthy need us to reflect how super-awesome they are. By not being worthy, we are actually supporting worthiness. It all makes sense, right? So the best thing you can do to support worthiness in all its forms is to come to KindaThinky on Sept 9 and help us reflect the immense worthiness of our guests. Come on, you owe it to them. Do it for them<http://www.kindathinky.com/#worthy>…

Our super mega guests for WORTHY<http://www.kindathinky.com/#worthy> (Sept 9)
Aidan Byrne
CEO of the Australian Research Council
Sean Quercini
Head of training for St John Ambulance ACT and team leader with the State Emergency Service
Tammy Ven Dange
CEO of RSPCA ACT
Lyndall Strazdins
Lyndall Strazdins, Associate Professor at the National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health

WORTHY tickets are here<http://www.kindathinky.com/#worthy>
Dr RG Lamberts

Deputy Director
Australian National Centre for Public Awareness of Science (CPAS<http://cpas.anu.edu.au>)

College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
The Australian National University (Cricos Provider #00120C)
Acton, ACT 2601
P +61 2 6125 0747 | twitter: @rodl

KindaThinky<http://www.kindathinky.com> - you’ll like it