[ASC-list] Beyond Beginner....

George Aranda george.aranda at deakin.edu.au
Thu Dec 10 06:55:40 UTC 2015

Hi Rob, and thanks for chipping in,

I personally would love to hear some of the stories and ideas that you have from your experience.

To really get the most out of your experience, I think it would be great to pair you with someone who is working innovatively in the sci com space now. I would imagine that you could chip in your experience and translate how you might see it applies to current sci com sharing situations such as:

  *   blogging (which seems a little old-hat even now), but could be seen as the newspaper equivalent
  *   Podcasting (radio equivalent)
  *   Youtube-ing (modern tv equivalent)
  *   Crowdsourcing
  *   Newer movements:
     *   Citizen-science
     *   Coding
     *   STEM
     *   Maker-movement
  *   Rise of Science Festivals (timely at the ASC conference)
  *   eBooks (and their affordances)

Basically I think it would be good to have you paired with someone to explore what ‘was’ and what ‘is’ and hopefully what ‘can be’! It would be great to have the two perspectives side-by-side at a session :)

Cheers,

George

--
Dr George Aranda