[ASC-list] Is science conducted via intimidation?

Glenn Conroy glenn1231946 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 06:20:02 UTC 2015

Thanks Mike

My friend responded on Facebook so while preserving anonymity, the reply
text is as follows in between my FB questions to the initial science
conducted by intimidation FB post.

Glenn Maxwell Conroy <https://www.facebook.com/glenn.m.conroy?fref=ufi> as
a science communicator not sure how science is conducted via intimidation,
any thoughts
Like
<https://www.facebook.com/ed65love/posts/10152591177917352?comment_id=10152591245107352&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#>
<https://www.facebook.com/ed65love/posts/10152591177917352?comment_id=10152591245107352&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#>
· 1 hr
<https://www.facebook.com/ed65love/posts/10152591177917352?comment_id=10152591203642352&offset=0&total_comments=4>
<https://www.facebook.com/ed65love/posts/10152591177917352?comment_id=10152591245107352&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#>
 Sure! Big Biz and Biz Pharma and Big Gov often pay for science, but insist
that the experiment proves their own point of view. Researchers are often
told that if they don't get the 'right' answer, they'll lose funding and/or
their jobs
<https://www.facebook.com/ed65love/posts/10152591177917352?comment_id=10152591222737352&offset=0&total_comments=4>
<https://www.facebook.com/ed65love/posts/10152591177917352?comment_id=10152591245107352&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#>
<https://www.facebook.com/glenn.m.conroy?fref=ufi>
Glenn Maxwell Conroy <https://www.facebook.com/glenn.m.conroy?fref=ufi> Right
- I can see that and I saw media comment that Government had instructed
that Departments MUST only consult a select list of "scientists" (climate
change) who may possibly be influenced by similar private vested interests
that you mention

Just for discussion, I have no vested interest
ha ha
Glenn Conroy

Glenn Conroy
0406 376 648