[ASC-list] Job opportunity: Media advisor - Sydney University
toni at scienceinpublic.com.au
Thu Jul 16 02:15:43 UTC 2015
Please see below a role that might be of interest to ASC members.
More below and at: Media and PR Relations Adviser (Division of Natural Sciences)<http://sydney.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.checkJobDetailsNewApplication&returnToEvent=jobs.listJobs&jobid=8a66ba1b-7dce-d4d4-1fb7-88fc863bf831&CurATC=EXT&CurBID=949319bc-8898-4f11-ac4b-9db401358504&JobListID=731bade1-6333-ccb4-725f-88e75150540a&jobsListKey=6566d197-a18a-4847-8f30-41dbaac71cad&persistVariables=CurATC,CurBID,JobListID,jobsListKey,JobID&lid=21531650082>
Posted on behalf of Verity Leatherdale, Manager, Faculty Media and PR at Sydney University
MEDIA AND PUBLIC RELATIONS ADVISER (DIVISION OF NATURAL SCIENCES)
We are seeking a Media and Public Relations Adviser (Division of Natural Sciences) to develop and implement proactive media and public relations strategies that support faculty initiatives and strategies and identify faculty achievements and research stories for media placement in order to increase the University's media profile and to enhance the University's brand positioning.
Reporting to the Manager, Faculty Media and PR you will:
* identify, develop, write and promote stories and cross-channel content about the complete range of faculty research, teaching and community engagement activities
* provide media advice and public relations support to Deans and senior academic staff involved in engagement activities
* establish and manage key working relationships with relevant journalists, writers and specialist reporters in TV, print, radio and online environments to ensure optimal coverage for the University
* repurpose and place stories on the news section of the University's website including sourcing photos and video as relevant.
To be successful in this role you will have:
* a degree in communications, journalism, public relations, media studies or related discipline or a demonstrated equivalent mix of relevant professional experience and qualifications
* extensive experience in media relations in either the public or private sector
* experience in managing integrated media and/or public relations campaigns and a sound understanding of social media and digital communications trends and strategies.
CLOSING DATE: 5pm 26 July 2015
Science in Public
82 Hudsons Road
(PO Box 2076)
Spotswood VIC 3015
(03) 9398 1416
toni at scienceinpublic.com.au<mailto:toni at scienceinpublic.com.au>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list