[ASC-list] Vic Event: YSA Melbourne Casual Cafe Science Talk, 24th of July

Carly.Siebentritt at csiro.au Carly.Siebentritt at csiro.au
Thu Jul 16 06:28:14 UTC 2015

I’m just the messenger, any questions please email Monique directly at  vicepresident at melbourne.ysa.org.au<mailto:vicepresident at melbourne.ysa.org.au>

This July, Friday the 24th, the Young Scientists of Australia are hosting the first ever Casual Cafe Science Talk (CCST)! Undergraduate and high school students are invited to have dinner and chat about science with researchers, university lecturers and fellow students at CCST.

This July, our guest speaker will be world renowned researcher and lecturer Eric Thrane. Eric will talk and answer questions about the physics of relativity and his research into gravitational waves! Also on this evening we will have a very special YSA mystery speaker to talk about their research.

Details are as follows...
When: 24th July, 5:30pm
Where: Thresherman's Bakehouse (221 Faraday St, Carlton)
Cost: The talk is free, but we recommend you bring $10-$20 to buy dinner or a snack. (Please note that YSA has a strict no drugs or alcohol policy at all our events.)

RSVP on the Facebook events page: https://www.facebook.com/events/858034594231737/

The Young Scientists of Australia is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting science to the youth of Australia. We provide volunteering opportunities in science communication, create our own content like our blog Membrane and our podcast Lagrange Point, and engage our members with monthly socials. To find out more about YSA, check out our website http://www.ysa.org.au/melbourne.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at vicepresident at melbourne.ysa.org.au<mailto:vicepresident at melbourne.ysa.org.au>.

Hope to see you there!
Monique McLennan
Vice President
Young Scientists of Australia, Melbourne Chapter