[ASC-list] Discovery Centre more than 90% towards our crowd funding goal

Kate Barnard manager at discovery.asn.au
Fri Jul 24 07:54:38 UTC 2015

Hello ASC folks,

Bendigo's beloved Discovery Centre (www.discovery.asn.au) is over 90%
towards our crowd funding goal  www.chuffed.org/project/save-discovery

As you may know, Discovery was at risk of closing down, but community and
local business support has meant that we have enough funding to stay open
for the next 12 months.  During this time, our new Board will develop long
term partnerships and a sustainable business plan to ensure we will continue
inspiring scientific curiosity in young people and adults alike.

Following the amazing support for our campaign, we're excited to announce
that we've introduced a stretch target of an extra $6,000 to build a
Minibeast Zone at Discovery with live invertebrates.

If you've been thinking about donating but haven't got around to it yet, now
is the time!  Our campaign ends on Friday 31st July, so with just one week
to go, we would love your help to spread the word.  The more supporters we
have, the better, so even if you can only chuck in $5, it really does make a
difference.

There are, of course, great rewards/perks up for grabs.  Check out the crowd
funding page for information: www.chuffed.org/project/save-discovery

And please help us spread the word far and wide

Kind regards,

Kate

P.S. If you're interested in the #saveDiscovery campaign story, you can
check out the Save Discovery blog: https://savediscovery.wordpress.com/

And if you have been involved in Discovery and have a story to share, email
me as we'd love to include more guest posts for the blog.  But do it quick
because the campaign ends next Friday 31st July!

Kate Barnard

Discovery Manager

7 Railway Place, Bendigo VIC 3550
+61 3 5444 4400
 <mailto:manager at discovery.asn.au> manager at discovery.asn.au
         <https://www.facebook.com/discovery.bendigo> Description:
cid:image004.jpg at 01D087FE.693FDBA0
<https://i.instagram.com/discovery.bendigo> Description:
cid:image006.jpg at 01D087FE.693FDBA0
<http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g255347-d2227397-Reviews-Di
scovery_Science_and_Technology_Centre-Bendigo_Victoria.html> Description:
cid:image008.jpg at 01D087FE.693FDBA0         <http://www.discovery.asn.au/>
www.discovery.asn.au