[ASC-list] VIC Event: A Beautiful Mind - a talk by Daniel Glaser (Director, Science Gallery London)

Cristen Teen cteen at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jun 10 05:15:29 UTC 2015

A Beautiful Mind: The brain and the creative process – with Daniel Glaser, Director of Science Gallery London

Date and time: Tuesday 30 June 2015
Time: 6.00pm – 7.00pm
Venue: LAB-14, 700 Swanston St, Carlton

What’s going on in your head when you have an ‘a-ha’ moment? Can brain scans help us to work more creatively? Why do we all have something to say about brain science? And what have John Cleese and tortoises got to do with creativity and our beautiful minds?

Join Daniel Glaser, sometime neuroscientist and public engagement head and now director of Science Gallery London at King’s College London and Man Booker judge as he discusses the science of the creative process and shares stories of the brain at work especially when we producing new ideas. He will also discuss the type of environments that allow for creativity and innovation to flourish.

Book here:
http://www.carltonconnect.com.au/a-beautiful-mind

About Daniel Glaser:
Dr Daniel Glaser is a neuroscientist who has worked for many years promoting public engagement with science. He is Director of Science Gallery London at King’s College London.

His scientific background involves the use of fMRI (functional magnetic resonance imaging) to examine how experience, prejudice and expectation alter the way we see the world.

He was the first scientist to be a Man Booker judge in 2014.