[ASC-list] New Inspire Australian Research video competition

Bella Counihan Bella.Counihan at science.org.au
Thu Jun 11 07:00:15 UTC 2015

Inspire Australia Research Competition - EMCR Forum and Thinkable.org

With government funding cuts to science, success rates and job security for Australia's early to mid-career researchers are at an all-time low.  The Australian Early to Mid-Career Researcher Forum of the Australian Academy of Science has launched an 'Inspire Australia' video research competition to showcase innovative research being performed in laboratories and universities across Australia by emerging research leaders.

There's current a prize pool of $9000 but we need community help to grow our community chest.  As the community pool grows, more early to mid-career researchers can be supported to pursue projects from health, the environment and the economy.  Anyone can vote to help decide the winners, along with our invited expert judges.  Instead of winner takes all, researchers are funded based on a proportional representation of the votes. This allows us to distribute the community chest prize pool widely through their research organisations to use towards their research.

Applications close 10 July. Find out more here: https://www.thinkable.org/competition/15

Bella Counihan  Media Officer Communications and outreach
Australian Academy of Science  Ian Potter House, 9 Gordon Street, Acton ACT 2601  |  GPO Box 783, Canberra ACT 2601
M 0419212219  T (02) 6201 9452  F (02) 6201 9494  E bella.counihan at science.org.au<mailto:bella.counihan at science.org.au>  www.science.org.au<http://www.science.org.au/>    [cid:image006.jpg at 01D0A468.15A23390] <https://twitter.com/Science_Academy>    [cid:image007.jpg at 01D0A468.15A23390] <http://www.facebook.com/AustralianAcademyofScience>
[cid:image005.jpg at 01D0A468.04BA0BC0]<https://www.science.org.au/events/science-shine-dome-2015>

Disclaimer: This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information, which also may be legally privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete.