[ASC-list] Proceedings of the ASC National Conference, ASC2014, now published and available online!

Nancy Longnecker nancy.longnecker at otago.ac.nz
Wed Jun 17 01:59:16 UTC 2015

Hello ASCers
The first published proceedings of an Australian Science Communicators conference are now available online: http://bit.ly/ASCpublications
The 200 page volume includes full papers and presentation abstracts as well as summaries of keynotes, plenaries, panel discussions, workshops, Spectrum Science Art exhibition and other special events as a record of this noteworthy conference.
A huge thank you to authors who submitted their work for review and waited patiently for the review process and publication to be completed, to the Program Committee (Claire Harris, Kali Madden, Nancy Longnecker and Jesse Shore) and to reviewers who supported the peer review process (Emma Bartle, Jenny Donovan, Jean Fletcher, Mzamose Gondwe, Will Grant, Nancy Longnecker, Jennifer Manyweather, Vicky Martin, Jenni Metcalfe, John O’Connor, Lindy Orthia, Will Rifkin and Miriam Sullivan).
The citation for this resource is:
N. Longnecker, C. Harris & K. Madden (Eds.). 2015. Proceedings of the Australian Science Communicators National Conference. 2–5 Feb, 2014, Brisbane.  www.asc.asn.au/publications/<http://www.asc.asn.au/publications/>
Using a peer review process in publishing means that these papers go into the realm of scholarly publications as  defined by the Australian Government’s audit standards. The full papers can therefore ‘count’ as a publication category E1 for those who record publications as a performance indicator. The presentation abstracts in this publication satisfy the requirements for publication category E2.
Editing the ASC2014 Proceedings is a swan song for my involvement with ASC after almost two decades. My new focus is across the Tasman at the Centre for Science Communication, University of Otago in New Zealand.
I look forward to hearing about continued successes of Australian Science Communicators, reading about successes in future conference proceedings and working on some trans-Tasman collaborations. I hope to see some of you at the SCANZ conference in Wellington in Oct-Nov 2015 or at PCST in Dunedin in 2018.
Completion of this task will be celebrated here with a lovely glass of Central Otago Pinot Noir! :)
All the best, Nancy

Nancy Longnecker
Professor, Science Communication
PhD Coordinator