[ASC-list] [WA] Searching for speakers for Light!

Renae Sayers Renae.Sayers at scitech.org.au
Thu Jun 25 09:10:56 UTC 2015

Howdy WA light-fans,

We are on the lookout for brightsters for National Science Week public engagement - specifically a guest speaker for a primary school and scientists for Meet the Scientist for our NSWk School Festival at Scitech.

For Meet the Scientist opportunities [think anything from a booth with hands-on activities to a mini-talk in our Planetarium] Scitech has around 2000 primary kids during 17-21st Aug... and we'd love to light up students with your science stories! Feel free to shoot an email my way renae.sayers at scitech.org.au<mailto:renae.sayers at scitech.org.au>.

For a Bicton/ Palmyra primary school guest speaker [for 45-60min, from 6/6.30pm on the evening of Friday the 21st<x-apple-data-detectors://1> August], the theme is Light and the talk/ demo would be to the whole school community (students and parents), with a small payment available for the speaker. Please send your expression of interest to Christine.allen at scitech.org.au<mailto:Christine.allen at scitech.org.au>.

Cheers!
Renae Sayers
Theatre and Events Coordinator
Scitech

My email: Renae.Sayers at scitech.org.au<mailto:Renae.Sayers at scitech.org.au>
My direct line: 9215 0846

[http://www.scitech.org.au/_images/footer_0513.jpg]<http://www.scitech.org.au/>
[http://www.scitech.org.au/_images/Education-and-Training-2014.jpg]

Connect with us: Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/ScitechWA> | eNews<http://www.scitech.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=508&Itemid=286> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scitech/82423139654> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/ScitechWA> | Instagram<http://instagram.com/ScitechWA>
phone: +61 8 9215 0700  |  fax: +61 8 9321 2869  |  web: <http://instagram.com/ScitechWA> www.scitech.org.au<http://www.scitech.org.au>  |  post: PO Box 1155 West Perth WA 6872
City West, cnr Sutherland Street & Railway Street West Perth WA
Scitech is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to increase awareness, interest, capability and participation by all Western Australians in science, technology, engineering and mathematics