[ASC-list] GOLD COAST - Invitation to 'The climate is change: are we adapting?' - 1st April

Damian Harris damian.harris at griffith.edu.au
Tue Mar 24 01:23:07 UTC 2015

*Invitation to an IMPACT @ Griffith Sciences event; *
*The climate is changing: Are we adapting?
    A panel discussion.*
With 2014 officially declared the hottest year on record we are once
again reminded that climate change is not only something we must be
planning for but we must be taking action on now. Join us for an
evening of wide ranging discussion drawing upon expertise in climate
change policy, particularly with respect to the upcoming UNFCCC Paris
Conference, and how Australia is adapting to a changing climate at
local and state levels of Government:

* Professor Brendan Mackey, Director of Griffith University's Climate
Change Response Program
* Professor Jean Palutikof, Director of  National Climate Change
Adaptation Research Facility
* Mr John Lane, Director of Environmental Planning, Department of
Environment and Heritage Protection, Queensland Government.

*WHEN: *   Wednesday 1 April*TIME: *   5.30 – 7.00pm networking drinks
and canapes after event*COST:   * FREE*VENUE:*   Griffith University,
Business School Building G42 Room 4.23*BOOKING*:  Seat reservations
required  <http://app.griffith.edu.au/sciencesimpact/rsvp-climate-change-panel/>

For more information go to
http://app.griffith.edu.au/sciencesimpact/event-the-climate-is-changing-are-we-adapting/

--