[ASC-list] science communication image competition

Lindy Orthia lindy.orthia at anu.edu.au
Mon May 18 02:23:54 UTC 2015

Ahoy to any visually-minded ASC-ers!

CPAS at the ANU is currently running a competition for people to produce science communication images, which closes 30 June. Essentially we are looking for more and better images to put on our publicity materials, such as banners, leaflets, etc, but the idea is that any images produced are entered under a creative commons licence so that other sci com folk across the world can use them too. We are particularly looking for images that say 'sci com', rather than just 'science' or 'communication'.

The competition was initially aimed at ANU and University of Canberra students, but we have now expanded it to ANU and UC alumni due to a low number of entries in the first round. So any of you who are currently studying at the ANU or UC, or used to study or work there, are hereby cordially invited to enter your images. Those of you who are not ANU or UC students or alumni are also welcome to throw your images in the ring if you like, though not for a prize - just for any of us to use. There is no particular deadline for the latter.

The terms and conditions are available here<http://diffusion.weblogs.anu.edu.au/2015/02/17/science-communication-image-competition-closes-1-may-2015/> - you will see there are 13 cash prizes for the best entries.

Good luck!
Lindy

Dr Lindy Orthia
BSc (Hons) PhD SFHEA
Senior Lecturer & Associate Director Science Education
Science Communication Program
Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science
The Australian National University
Physics Link Building 38A Science Road | Acton ACT 2601 Australia
T +61 2 6125 6148 | F +61 2 6125 8991
cpas.anu.edu.au/about-us/people/lindy-orthia<http://cpas.anu.edu.au/about-us/people/lindy-orthia>
lindyorthia.wordpress.com<http://lindyorthia.wordpress.com>
CRICOS Provider #00120C