[ASC-list] New Zealand in November? SCANZ conference invitation to ASC members....

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Mon May 25 00:09:18 UTC 2015

The beautiful harbourside capital city of Wellington is home to this year’s
Science Communicators Association of New Zealand (SCANZ) conference.

ASC members are warmly invited to join their kiwi cousins for two days of
superb conference and networking on Monday 30 November and Tuesday 1
December at Rydges Hotel.

Four great reasons to attend:

ASC President Joan Leach is a Keynote speaker
ASC members can register at member rates
What better time of year to enjoy the easily accessible Wellington than
early summer?
Be part of the programme. The call for abstracts closes on June 30th.

Conference themes:

1. Engaging Society: Science has an important role to play in society and
we want to look at how science engages various sectors of society, from
citizen science, media, policy, education and stakeholder engagement to
public outreach.

2. Sharing Knowledge: How are we sharing information and/or resources
across and between researchers and practitioners, scientists, citizen
scientists, media and the general public, and how might we be able to
improve these processes?

For details visit our website: http://www.scanz.co.nz/conference-2015/

  [image: photo]
*Kali Madden*