[ASC-list] Here's a pro bono satellite imagery project - what should we use it for?

James Hutson james.hutson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:23:16 UTC 2015

Posting on behalf of Maia Sauren.
Any replies shoud be directed to Patrick.
James

——————
Originally posted to the liberationtech mailing list on Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 6:49 PM

Dear All,

I will be doing some independent consulting work (starting next week) for Crowd4Sat (website still under development). This project combines the power of citizen science with observations from satellites.

My role is to identify compelling applications that will produce data/analysis that is very much needed by humanitarian, development, human rights, and/or public health, etc organizations. Once compelling applications are identified, Crowd4Sat will obtain the necessary imagery, customize a citizen science platform and invite digital volunteers to analyze the imagery. The results will then be shared with the humanitarian, development, human rights, etc, organizations that requested the data/analysis.

I'd be grateful if you could email me directly (off list) if you know of a compelling use case, or know of an organization that could take direct advantage of this pro bono project to expand their impact.

Many thanks,
Patrick

---
@: PatrickMeier, PhD

patrick at irevolution.net
Blog: iRevolutions.org (1.7M hits)
Book: Digital-Humanitarians.com
Newsletter: Digital Humanitarians

——————

-----

James Hutson

Co-director and Chief Visualist

Bridge8 Pty Ltd

email: james at bridge8.com.au

mobile: +61 405 131 747

twitter: @jameshutson

skype: sonofhut

19 Albert St Northcote VIC 3070 Australia

https://bridge8.wordpress.com/visual-portfolio/