[ASC-list] ASC Victoria: AGM reminder (6pm Wednesday 2nd Dec @The Spotted Mallard)

Anneliese Gillard gillaan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 01:18:20 UTC 2015

 Dear ASCers in Victoria,

Come join ASC Victoria for our last hurrah of 2015 as we celebrate with our
AGM followed by some of the best science stories of the year at the
Laborastory.

The Laborastory brings together five scientists from different fields to
tell the remarkable stories of the heroes of their field. Each story is
just ten short minutes. They tell the tales of the tragedies and triumphs
of the men and women who made science their passion, and left legacies of
ground-breaking discoveries that inspire the scientists of today.

We have three tables reserved for ASC members to dine together, have a chat
and then enjoy The Laborastory’s “Best of” end of year wrap up. This is
your opportunity to hear what the ASC has planned for 2016, or to put your
hand up for a role on the committee (further information about the AGM
below).

No doubt these tickets will be in hot demand, to secure your ticket and
spot on the table and have your say on the direction of the ASC for 2016
RSVP to George Aranda george.aranda at deakin.edu.au.

*Where*: The Spotted Mallard. 314 Sydney Rd, Brunswick
http://thelaborastory.com/
*When*: Wednesday December 2nd , 2015
*Time*: The AGM will kick off just after 6pm
*What*: ASC members who attend the AGM get *FREE* entry into Laborastory
and we will shout you a drink.

Need some inspiration? You can catch up on all Laborastories on YouTube
<http://thelaborastory.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e035d49d6bab69710cb319070&id=5b12506860&e=25667c1c1d>
before
the event.
Victorian Branch AGM – Further Information

Only paid up ASC members can participate in the formal business parts of
the evening, including electing Branch Committee. *If you can’t make it on
the night do send along a proxy so your voice is heard.*

*Meeting Agenda*

·         Confirm minutes from 2014 AGM

·         President’s report (George Aranda)

·         Treasurer’s report (Anneliese Gillard)

·         Nominations for 2016 committee

·         Other business

*Branch Committee Positions*

·         President

·         Representative on ASC National Executive

·         Secretary

·         Treasurer

·         Ordinary Committee Members

*Nominating for committee positions*

Nominations for committee positions are open. Self-nominations are
acceptable.

The current Committee encourages new applications from ASC members who
would like to get involved in shaping and leading activities and events.

Nominations for Branch Committee positions are encouraged in advance of the
AGM (please send these to george.aranda at deakin.edu.au). Nominations will
also be accepted at the AGM.

Any ASC member based in Victoria can stand for a branch committee position.

*Voting by proxy at the AGM*

If you cannot attend the AGM you may wish to nominate a proxy, prior to the
AGM.

*Note proxy nominations cannot be accepted at the AGM. We require them to
be emailed to George by 12pm on Wednesday 2 Dec. *

You can nominate any ASC member based in Victoria as your proxy, but you
both need to be financial members of the ASC.

To nominate a proxy all you have to do george.aranda at deakin.edu.au saying
who you are, and which member you are giving your vote to, e.g.

*Dear George,*

*I'd like to assign my proxy vote for the ASC Victorian AGM to Joe Bloggs. *

*Best wishes,*

*Jane Doe*

We look forward to seeing you there!

Anneliese Gillard

ASC Victoria Treasurer, on behalf of the Victorian Committee