[ASC-list] Adelaide ASC event Wed 2/12

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Sun Nov 29 21:39:27 UTC 2015

Hi all

Firstly apologies if there appear to be some weird posts popping up on the list from me- it seems like there are posts that I sent several months ago just turning up now.  I did have some issues of my email falling off the list for a while and so maybe it's playing catch up?  Any-who......

Something happening THIS WEEK for Adelaideans....

The SA Branch of the Australian Science Communicators is holding an end-of-year networking event.

This networking session will give you the opportunity to meet and make friends with people who are inspired by science and its communication.

2014 Unsung Hero of SA Science Communication Winner, Michael Mills alter ego the singing palaeontologist Prof Flint, will kick off with an icebreaker where he'll give us:

"A brief and hilarious history of the role of sexual reproduction in increasing species biodiversity, the evolution of its associated rituals, and the strange and sometimes awkward parallels this has for humans when engaged in networking activity!"

You'll get some tips on how to network, before diving right in for a speed networking session.
When
Wednesday, 2 December 2015 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM  -  refreshments provided
Where
The Astor Hotel - 437 Pulteney Street Adelaide
BOOKINGS
               https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/speed-networking-tickets-19354067537

Please join us for a fun and relaxing evening - and spread the word through your networks.

Dr Lisa Bailey
Program Manager
[cid:new_logo_smalle57f5b]<http://www.riaus.org.au/>
RiAus, Exchange Place, Adelaide SA 5000 (map)<http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=riaus&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=au&hq=riaus&hnear=0x6ab735c7c526b33f:0x4033654628ec640,Adelaide,+SA&cid=0,0,14489774547112760543&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A>
T:  (08) 7120 8605 | M: 0427 490 088 |   www.riaus.org.au<http://www.riaus.org.au/>
Follow RiAus on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/riaus> and Twitter<http://twitter.com/riaus> and LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/riaus>
Postal address: PO Box 3652, Rundle Mall  SA  5000