[ASC-list] SYDNEY: AusSMC - NICTA lunch tomorrow - a few spots open to ASC members

Susannah Eliott Susannah at smc.org.au
Tue Sep 1 06:37:58 UTC 2015

Dear ASCers,
We have a couple of free spots for an AusSMC light lunch being hosted by NICTA in Sydney tomorrow.  Jim Carroll (head of news and current affairs at SBS) will be talking about the future of TV and digital media and NICTA has tours of their interesting lab spaces. Details below but please RSVP to me if you’d like to come. Will be taking first 5 interested ASC members. Apologies for the short notice – I used the wrong email address first time around.

Best wishes
Susannah
AusSMC

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/fdc5316d8cbd7a248ee94eaeb/images/f6cfca36-3edd-4423-9e84-b688a0fc1d3d.png]

Luncheon Invitation
Peter Yates AM Chairman of the AusSMC Board and Peter Leihn, Director, NICTA Environment Business, invite you to an informal networking luncheon.

The event will include an update from the AusSMC on Scimex: The Science Media Exchange - the breaking science news portal and engagement tool for journalists, scientists and institutions in Australia and New Zealand. We'll tell you about several major developments since the site was launched officially in March.

After lunch, guests will also have the opportunity to get an exclusive inside peek at NICTA’s facilities - see details below.

Bookings for the tours are required when you RSVP as places are limited!
Tour times:  2:00pm – 2:15pm and
                    2.15pm – 2.30pm

Tour 1: Digital Productivity Showcase  (2-2.15pm and 2.15-2.30pm)
The Digital Productivity Showcase (DPS) demonstrates how the combination of digital productivity tools, cloud computing and NBN-enabled applications will change the way we live, work, learn and stay healthy.  Located at the Australian Technology Park, the showcase has been designed as a collaborative space to connect researchers with government, business and users of digital productivity tools.

and

Tour 2: Transport and Logistics Living Lab (2-2.15pm and 2.15-2.30pm)
The Transport and Logistics Living Lab is a living and breathing lab, with active participants from industry, research and government, sharing information and collaborating on joint projects to drive productivity.

The lab is one of several ‘Knowledge Hubs’ that are jointly supported by industry and Government and is designed to connect the Transport and Logistics industry and help make Australia’s transport and logistics sector more productive, efficient, greener and safer.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/fdc5316d8cbd7a248ee94eaeb/images/e5def67e-8528-494a-a55c-d5d28946dfc5.jpg]

When:  Wednesday 2 September 2015
Time:   12:30pm to 2:00 pm
Where: NICTA
             Level 4, North Seminar Room
             13 Garden Street
             Eveleigh NSW

RSVP: Thursday 27 August 2015
            marilyn at smc.org.au<mailto:marilyn at smc.org.au>
Please advise if you have any dietary requirements and would like to attend a tour, if so, which one and time.

RSVP<mailto:marilyn at smc.org.au?subject=Invitation%20RSVP>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/fdc5316d8cbd7a248ee94eaeb/images/9b58523d-adf2-4a2c-9892-1da7a77da5cc.jpg]

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/fdc5316d8cbd7a248ee94eaeb/images/34dd2028-51a6-4ad0-8630-c60dc1665137.jpg]

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/fdc5316d8cbd7a248ee94eaeb/images/7a29e1cf-1b7d-4c71-8480-880dfef80408.png]<https://www.scimex.org/>

The Australian Science Media Centre Inc. (AusSMC<http://www.smc.org.au>) is an independent, not-for-profit service for the news media giving journalists direct access to evidence-based science and expertise. The national centre is advised by a Science Advisory Panel and governed by a Board of Management. It is supported by a variety of sectors with each contribution capped at 10% of total running costs. For a full list of current supporters and affiliates, visit our website<http://www.smc.org.au/about-us/sponsors/>.