[ASC-list] STEM enrichment program evaluation framework

Will Rifkin willrifkinphd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 08:15:29 UTC 2016

Dear ASC colleagues,

Just wanted to share a Framework for evaluating STEM enrichment programs.  The report was authored by a colleague here at UQ's Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining.

https://www.csrm.uq.edu.au/research/an-evaluation-framework-for-science-technology-engineering-and-mathematics-stem-enrichment-programs-supported-by-the-stem-school-partnership-ssp-in-the-surat-basin

Our sponsors were sufficiently happy with the effort that they asked for the report to be made public.

The evaluation strategy emerged from methods employed to evaluate international development efforts.  It follows a 'program logic' model.  The key findings, for me at least, are in a simple chart on page 21.  The setting for the programs - rural southern Queensland - provides context, with stats included in the report.

Will

Assoc Prof Will Rifkin | Chair in Social Performance
Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining | Centre for Coal Seam Gas

Sustainable Minerals Institute | The University of Queensland  |  Brisbane, QLD, 4072 AUSTRALIA
M: +61 (0) 401 701 217 | E: w.rifkin at uq.edu.au
W: www.csrm.uq.edu.au | www.ccsg.uq.edu.au | www.smi.uq.edu.au
Twitter: @resourcerules

CRICOS Provider Code: 00025B