[ASC-list] The science of MURDER - Sept 16

Dion Pretorius Dion.Pretorius at science.org.au
Wed Aug 10 04:45:55 UTC 2016

MURDER in Brisbane

WHEN: Friday, 16 September 2016, 6.30pm - 8.00pm

WHERE: The Queensland Museum

Come and take a dark and intriguing look at the history of poisons and venoms in war; the ingredients that make a murderer; modern murders with strange new weapons; and ways in which we're using poison to murder cancer cells.

Join MC Bernie Hobbs to learn more, as Dr Aaron Sell pulls back the curtain on the mind of a murderer, Dr Harendra Parekh peers into poison, and Associate Professor Bryan Fry shares what he's learned from an adrenalin-filled life studying venom.

This is the third event in the Australian Academy of Science's five-part series, 'the science of LIFE & DEATH'. Through it, we explore life and death and how they affect us from the moment we start living.

More details and tickets are available at:

http://bit.ly/2aHiVfd

Dion Pretorius  Media Manager Communications and Outreach
Australian Academy of Science  Ian Potter House, 9 Gordon Street, Acton ACT 2601  |  GPO Box 783, Canberra ACT 2601
T (02) 6201 9452