[ASC-list] Vic-Event: ASC National Science Week Pre-Mixer

George Aranda george.aranda at deakin.edu.au
Thu Aug 11 03:21:10 UTC 2016

Final Reminder. Don't forget about our event tonight, looks like we're going to be busy!

National Science Week (http://www.scienceweek.net.au<http://www.scienceweek.net.au/>) will be here soon (August 13-21) and we'd like to celebrate it with an Open Mic Night.  Come on down to our Pre National Science Week Mixer and mingle with people who have events as part of National Science Week. This is the third year we are running it and we hope to have another great night of chatting and fun.

  *   When: Thursday 11th August, 2014, 6:00-8:00pm
  *   Where: Upstairs The Shaw Davey Slum, 171-175 Drummond Street, Carlton,  http://theshawdaveyslum.com.au<http://theshawdaveyslum.com.au/>
  *   $$: This event is FREE.
  *   Who: Come on down and please bring any interested people you know

We will be inviting science-minded people from all over Victoria, including Melbourne Skeptics, Inspiring Australia, Young Scientists of Australia, National Science Writers, the Royal Society of Victoria, Nerd Nite Melbourne, Laborastory Melbourne, University Science Societies and more.

Event-holders will be given the opportunity to briefly talk about their shows and we will be giving away door prizes and National Science Week 'goodie-bags' to create a fun networking experience.

Please register at Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/pre-national-science-week-mixer-open-mic-and-networking-tickets-26774432047

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/267462096966842/

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.