[ASC-list] 2016 ASC Grants Program opens in September! Inviting sponsors and applications for a Co-Manager.

Ian M. ianmcd85 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 09:24:43 UTC 2016

Dear ASCers,

We are delighted to announce that the 3rd ASC Annual Grants Program will open in September.

I would like to thank our 2015 sponsors COSMOS Magazine and Science Alert for their generous contributions to the program. You can view what you last year's winners got up to here<http://www.asc.asn.au/blog/2015/10/11/and-the-winner-is-the-outcomes-of-the-2015-asc-grants-program-announced/> and invite interested members and friends to offer sponsorship opportunities for the 2016 program by emailing grants at asc.asn.au<mailto:grants at asc.asn.au> by 31st August 2016. Thanks to those who have already expressed interest.

This year we also invite applications for a Grants Program Co-Manager and the position comes with a $500 Honorarium.

Working with myself, as well as the Executive Officer, this person will assist in collating eligible grant applications, recruiting 2016 reviewers, coordinating the grant review process, following up with applicants and ensuring winners comply with the conditions of the program.

Please email your application to grants at asc.asn.au<mailto:grants at asc.asn.au> by 31st August 2016 including a current CV and brief statement letting us know why you'd like to be involved in supporting the ASC Grants Program and why you think the program would benefit from your input.

The successful applicant will be available to coordinate the grant review process in September (recruit reviewers) and October (coordinate review process and follow ups) this year, as well as managing follow up on the terms of the program in subsequent months.

I look forward to launching the program in a few weeks' time. Watch this space!

Thanks,
Ian McDonald
ASC Grants Program Founder and Manager (2014-16)