[ASC-list] Sydney event, Oct 12: Meet your tribe (and an AGM)

Bianca Nogrady bianca at biancanogrady.com
Tue Aug 30 02:08:19 UTC 2016

Sydney/NSW folks: It's time ... for a get-together.

On October 12, Come along to the Pyrmont Point Hotel for a long-overdue
chance to network, catch up, and talk about what excellent chaos we've all
been wreaking in the wonderful world of science communication.

We'll also be holding the Australian Science Communicators NSW Annual
General Meeting (which will be short and sweet, we promise), so it's your
chance to get involved with this excellent organisation and help it grow.

*When*: Wednesday 12 October, 6pm

*Where*: Pyrmont Point Hotel, 59 Harris St, Pyrmont. Upstairs in Margot's
Room.

*Why*: Because we've come up with THE best secret handshake ever and it
will fill a gap in your world you never knew was there.

*RSVP*:
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/meet-your-tribe-at-the-asc-nsw-agm-tickets-27399029234

*Questions*: Email me.

Bianca

*Freelance science journalist and author*
www.biancanogrady.com, 0411 420 913, Blackheath, NSW, Australia

*The Best Australian Science Writing 2015
<http://www.newsouthbooks.com.au/books/best-australian-science-writing-2015>*
- Editor (New South, 2015)

*The End: The Human Experience of Death <http://www.theendbook.net>*
(Penguin Random House, 2013)

*The Sixth Wave**: How to Succeed in a Resource-Limited World *
<http://www.sixthwave.org>(Penguin Random House, 2010)