[ASC-list] reminder - Fringe internship in Adelaide applications due Friday

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Tue Dec 13 23:45:02 UTC 2016

Hi all - reminder that applications for this close this Friday

The Royal Institution of Australia Internship

The Royal Institution of Australia is keen to support the development of new science communicators through an internship program. This program provides students an opportunity to gain experience at one of Australia's leading science communication organisations, and the chance to work on a real science communication project for Australia's Science Channel.
Eligibility
Internships are available to those who meet the following criteria:

1.       Students studying post-graduate or undergraduate science communication, science, journalism, film or marketing courses; and

2.       Students currently enrolled (or within 12 months of graduation) at an Australian university or students who have completed at least one year of a full-time undergraduate course.

Interns are unpaid but a meal and travel allowance of $250 per week is offered.

All placements are Adelaide based.
Internships Currently available at Australia's Science Channel:
One placement, 2-3 weeks in duration: Adelaide Fringe Festival Production Assistant
Applications due by: 16 December 2016
Placement dates 31 Jan or 7 Feb - 21 Feb 2017.   You must be available for the Fringe Program events on the evening of Thursday 16, Friday 17 and Saturday 18 February from 4pm - 11pm.
The Royal Institution of Australia believe that science and technology are as much a part of our cultural fabric as art, music, theatre and literature, and we've been hosting Fringe events to highlight these links since 2010.  In this work placement you will be working with our Production Team to assist in marketing, producing and reviewing our short program of science-themed Fringe shows.  You will gain experience in:

*         Event management

*         Writing

*         Working as part of a production team in a dynamic environment
To apply, please provide a maximum 2 page CV, with a one page cover letter to apply at riaus.org.au<mailto:apply at riaus.org.au> with the subject heading FRINGE INTERN PLACEMENT.

Dr Lisa Bailey
Programs Manager
[cid:new_logo_small_815d00bb-a3d5-468c-84d2-f0d74429a9b9.jpg]<http://www.riaus.tv>
<http://riaus.tv>
RiAus, Exchange Place, Adelaide SA 5000 (map)<http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=riaus&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=au&hq=riaus&hnear=0x6ab735c7c526b33f:0x4033654628ec640,Adelaide,+SA&cid=0,0,14489774547112760543&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A>
T:  (08) 7120 8605 | M: 0427 490 088  |  australiascience.tv<http://www.riaus.tv>
Follow RiAus on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/riaus> and Twitter<http://twitter.com/riaus> and LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/riaus>
Postal address: PO Box 3652, Rundle Mall  SA  5000