[ASC-list] Beauty of language - check out Econnect's February newsletter

Jennifer Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Wed Feb 17 06:31:59 UTC 2016

Welcome to our February 2016 newsletter: The beauty of language

Pet language peeves? We all have them. If you write about science or you edit someone else's science writing, it's easy to become jaded by the familiar hum-drum of involving key stakeholders, monitoring impacts and ensuring outcomes.

Sometimes you might feel like the battle has already been lost. But let's not give up. Let's not be complicit. Let's forge on through the fog, shining our light, adding colour here, clarity there-simply by choosing good words.

Let's show people the beauty of language.

- See more at: http://www.econnect.com.au/02/2016/february-2016-the-beauty-of-language/#sthash.f9B6btdb.dpufWelcome to our February 2016 newsletter: The beauty of language

- See more at: http://www.econnect.com.au/02/2016/february-2016-the-beauty-of-language/#sthash.Lg6hQK3t.dpuf

- See more at: http://www.econnect.com.au/02/2016/february-2016-the-beauty-of-language/#sthash.DFXugtHX.dpuf

Welcome to our February 2016 newsletter<http://www.econnect.com.au/02/2016/february-2016-the-beauty-of-language>: The beauty of language

Pet language peeves? We all have them. If you write about science or you edit someone else's science writing, it's easy to become jaded by the familiar hum-drum of involving key stakeholders, monitoring impacts and ensuring outcomes.

Sometimes you might feel like the battle has already been lost. But let's not give up. Let's not be complicit. Let's forge on through the fog, shining our light, adding colour here, clarity there-simply by choosing good words.

Let's show people the beauty of language.

Jenni Metcalfe
Director
Econnect Communication - 'Bringing Science to Life'
www.econnect.com.au<http://www.econnect.com.au/>
phone: +617 3846 7111; +61 (0) 408 551 866
jenni at econnect.com.au<mailto:jenni at econnect.com.au>
skype: jenni.metcalfe
twitter: @JenniMet
PO Box 3734 South Brisbane Q 4101