[ASC-list] Women in STEMM Australia national symposium, Sep 13-14

James Hutson james.hutson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 01:28:13 UTC 2016

Maia Sauren asked me to pass this on.
JH

——

Women in Science AUSTRALIA <https://womeninscienceaust.org/> invites you to join us at our first National Symposium: Connecting Women in STEMM <https://womeninscienceaust.org/national-symposium/> to be held SEPTEMBER 13-14, 2016 in Storey Hall <https://www.rmit.edu.au/events/venues-for-hire/storey-hall/> at RMIT University in Melbourne!
Program <https://womeninscienceaust.org/national-symposium-save-the-dates/program/>
Register <https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/women-in-science-australia-2016-symposium-connecting-women-in-stemm-registration-26252118794>
We aim to connect women in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM) regardless of their discipline or profession. This meeting will share best practices and policies in academia and industry, as well as ground-breaking initiatives to foster an environment where more women in STEMM can lead and excel. We will introduce a wide range of programs for girls interested in STEMM and science teachers are encouraged to attend this session (discount applies). Delegates will have the opportunity to enhance their skills, learn about different career pathways and importantly, extend their professional network.

Women in STEMM in industry, education, research, management, academia, government, administration, publishing and communication are invited to participate. Men who champion change and those who want to see equity and equality in the workplace are also invited and encouraged to attend. This is an inclusive event and all are welcome – registration <https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/women-in-science-australia-2016-symposium-connecting-women-in-stemm-registration-26252118794> is essential. Connect with STEMM leaders and professionals from across the sector – we look forward to welcoming you.

——