[ASC-list] Australasian Medical Writers' Association 2016 Conference

fabien medvecky fabienmedvecky at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 03:54:13 UTC 2016

*We'd like to bring to your attention a rare opportunity coming up with the
Australasian Medical Writers' Association bringing their annual meeting to
Auckland on 25-27 August 2016. *

*This is the first time in over 30 years that this meeting will be held
outside of Australia and has been facilitated by a few Kiwi
science communicators in New Zealand and Australia persistently nagging
AMWA about coming to our shores. *

*Likewise, the science, health and medical writing and editing community is
widely scattered around New Zealand, so this is a great opportunity
for those working in this industry, or those considering a career shift to
meet up in person, network with our Australian and overseas colleagues and
have a rare opportunity for professional development locally. *

*A quick browse of the line-up for the meeting demonstrates why AMWA have
been convinced that it is worth crossing the ditch this year because we've
managed to attract New Zealand's best and brightest science and medical
communicators, educators and innovators to present (*
http://www.medicalwriters.org/amwa-2016-annual-conference/*). *

*Half day workshops include communicating statistics, setting up a
freelance business, creative non-ficition and writing hooks and headlines.
The lineups of speakers is equally exciting and includes keynote Professor
Shaun Hendy who will discuss 'Silencing the Science'. *

*The exchange rate is also doing us a favour by lowering the conference fee
in NZ$ and the Mercure are offering a very good rate for accommodation for
those of us from out of town. *

*On behalf of the AMWA Conference Committee, we hope to see you in
Auckland. *

Dr Fabien Medvecky
Lecturer in Science Communication
Master's Programme Coordinator

President, Science Communicators' Association of New Zealand

The Centre for Science Communication ‖ University of Otago
(tel) +64 3 479 7848
fabien.medvecky at otago.ac.nz <fabienmedvecky at gmail.com> ‖
*https://otago.academia.edu/FabienMedvecky
<https://otago.academia.edu/FabienMedvecky> *‖ @FabienMedvecky