[ASC-list] UNSW Science communications job

Deborah Smith deborah.smith at unsw.edu.au
Fri Jun 3 00:21:42 UTC 2016

Hi all,
Good 12 month communications position just been advertised here at UNSW Science in Sydney.
See below.
Regards
Deb

Job Title

Communications Officer

Job ID

56249

Location

Kensington

Department

Science Marketing

[Add to My Favorite Jobs]<javascript:submitAction_win0(document.win0,'HRS_SCH_WRK2_HRS_FAVORITE_ICN');>

Favorite Job

Faculty/Division

SCI (Faculty of Science)

________________________________

  *   One of Australia's leading research & teaching universities
  *   Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
  *   Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Australia is one of the world's leading universities and is known to be Australia's powerhouse of cutting-edge research, teaching, innovation and creativity. With UNSW Science you will explore, discover and make a difference.
Our award-winning researchers are leaders in their fields generating discoveries, new ideas and inventions that will benefit society.  We tackle the big questions, from the origins of the universe to the future of the planet.  We solve complex scientific mysteries, investigate issues of global importance and invent and build the technologies that will shape the future.  We are well connected to the changing world of business, and work closely with a number of high profile industry partners to give our students and staff real-world opportunities.
________________________________

About the role

  *   $86,450 - $93,564K plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
  *   Fixed Term 12 month contract
  *   Full-time
UNSW Science is a welcoming and vibrant community of approximately 6,500 full-time students, with an academic staff of approximately 500 and professional staff of 300. The Faculty's students and staff are high achievers, attracted by the university's international reputation and the high ranking of our scientific research schools. We offer them excellence and innovation in teaching along with state-of-the- art laboratories and facilities.
The Science Marketing Team is responsible for attracting high achieving students to UNSW Science as well as communicating our extensive teaching and research strengths to a global Science community.
We are seeking to appoint a talented and highly motivated Communications Officer to join our team who will:

  *   Use their extensive experience to work with our team and faculty members to enhance the way we communicate to a large and diverse community through print, digital and social media
  *   Bring solid project management, relationship building, reporting and technical skills to the role that support the work of the team and the Faculty
  *   Develop and provide effective communication toolkits, resources and training for our academics and professional staff
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Contact:
Marisa Cardoso, Marketing Manager, UNSW Science
E: m.cardoso at unsw.edu.au
T: (61 2) 9385 4283
Applications close: 13 June 2016 (AEST)
https://applicant.hrm.unsw.edu.au/psp/hrm/NS_CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant&FolderPath=PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT.HC_HRS_CE_GBL2&IsFolder=false&IgnoreParamTempl=FolderPath%252cIsFolder

Deborah Smith
Media and communications, UNSW Science

UNSW AUSTRALIA
UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052 AUSTRALIA