[ASC-list] NSW/ACT based science communicators - can you help?

Merryn McKinnon merryn.mckinnon at anu.edu.au
Fri Jun 17 10:15:05 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Sending on behalf of my students. If any of you based in NSW or the ACT are able to participate in this research, it would be much appreciated!

If there are any scientists or journalists on this list who are in NSW or the ACT and are willing to participate, please also get in touch.

Please see details below.

Kind regards
Merryn

-----------------

Dear Science Communicators

My name is Andy Leach, I am a masters student at the Australian National University. My colleagues and I are conducting research on the challenges facing science journalism in NSW/ACT. As part of my team's research, we are seeking to speak to scientists, science communicators and journalists asking them about their perceptions of science journalism in NSW/ACT in terms of quality, process, relationships between the three groups and the value of these relationships and how PR materials are used.

Right now I am looking for science communicators who work for research institutions (university, private or government) who are willing to take part in the survey. All we need is about 30 minutes of your time for an interview (face-to-face or telephone).

If you are interested please reply to this email and we can organise the best time and mode of interview, I will also send you some more information about this research. We will also require you to read these documents before we start any interview.

We are hoping this research will help understand and value to relationships between researchers, science communicators and journalists. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Andy Leach
Masters Student
Centre for Public Awareness of Science